Monday, 15 September 2014

Year 12 skills development

How creative were you last year?
During my AS level media studies during year 12, I was quite creative as I came up with many ideas for my groups production film 'The Abductor'. I came up with the majority of my film's story plot. My strongest ability was sharing many ideas and developing them further as a group.

What digital technology did you use last year?
During my first year of media studies, the technology I used was the Apple Mac computers in order to edit our film production and to do the majority of coursework on. Hand-held video cameras were also used during our filiming, in order to capture shots of our film production plot.

What research and planning did you do last year in order to be successful?
It was very crucial to ensure that reseacrh and planning was done before, after and whilst doing our coursework and exam practise, the majoirty of my research was spent on my coursework as I had to find out key elements of information to apply to my coursework; for example researching the code and conventions of thriller movies to ensure that my thriller clip had the conventions similar to other thriler movies. Planning that was importat within the first year of media studies was to plan the deadlines of when different peices of coursework would be completed by, to ensure that I was not behind and have enough time to revise for my exam aspect of my over AS level grade for media studies.

What post-production technology did you use last year?
Post-production technology used last year, were software such as 'Final-Cut Pro'. This was one of the most useful form of software to use as it allowed us to gain skills to edit our thriller clip.

What conventions did you apply to your coursework? 
Conventions applied to my coursework was based upon the genre of thriller, as that was the key requirement from the exam board OCR. I also tried to follow the guidelines of what the examinar was looking for within the coursework inorder to get the highest mark possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment